Choosing the best dual action polisher for your vehicle can be a difficult task. In this article, we are going to recommend to you seven different dual action polishers that we believe are the best for your car. All of these polishers are of good quality, and ensure that your car is clean and shiny after every polish, just as it was when it came straight from the showroom.
Getting a dual polisher for your car is extremely beneficial, as it not only helps you in giving your car the clean and shiny look it deserves but also helps you to even out some surface-level damages, such as minor scratches.
If you are a car owner who wants to have a clean and shiny car after every polish, then you should seriously consider getting a good quality dual action polisher. But, which one should you be getting? There are hundreds, if not thousands of options out there. Which ones among them are good and worth your hard-earned money? That is exactly what we are going to cover here.
Things to consider before getting the best dual action car polisher
Just like everything that you purchase, there are some things that you need to consider before getting a car polisher. Not all polishers are the same, there are various factors that determine the quality, and performance of a polisher. Before getting into our recommendations, let us first go over these factors.
- Speed: When you are looking for a dual action car polisher, first you need to ensure that it has a high speed of rotation. The speed of rotation is measured in RPM (Round Per Minute), or OPM (Orbits Per Minute). The faster it spins, the better it will clean and polish your car. So, make sure that the speed of rotation of your polisher is as high as it can be for the price that you are paying. But, for paint correction, lower speeds are better.
- Throw: In car polishers, the throw refers to the size of the orbit. This simply means the amount of area that a car polisher is able to cover when being used. The higher the throw is, the faster you will be able to clean your car, as it will clean a larger amount of area for a given amount of time. But, small throws are good for covering areas that are hard to reach, and for cars that have more curves.
- Ease of use: It takes time to properly polish a car, and this involves you holding the polisher for a long duration. To ensure that using the car polisher is not too fatiguing, and tiresome, make sure that the polisher is light, while also having an ergonomic design.
- Price: Not everyone has the same budget when it comes to getting a certain type of product. The same is the case for car polishers as well. Car polishers can be quite expensive depending on the specifications, and features. So, make sure that you get one that falls within your budget. Going overboard might hurt your wallet more than you expected it to.
- Brand: Products from reputed brands are always better than less-known brands. Since car polishers are not cheap, it is recommended that you opt for a polisher from a reputed brand. It might be a bit more expensive, but it will have higher levels of quality that justify it.
- Cord: Cord plays a very important role in polishers. If you are looking for corded options, make sure that the cord is long enough. Else, you will be running into issues related to movement, and maneuvering. Cordless polishers are amazing in this regard as they do not need to be connected to power and can be moved around easily. But, these are quite a lot expensive compared to corded options.
What does dual action mean for polishers?
You might be wondering, what does dual action even mean for car polishers. Well, dual action refers to the mechanism. In dual action polishers, the polisher oscillates and shakes the pad in several directions in quick motions. This happens several thousand times every minute. This results in the best polishing, and waxing done on a surface, as it imitates how we do it by hand. The way it is different from traditional rotary buffers is that those spin in a fixed circular motion. There is no oscillation in the case of such traditional rotary buffers.
The Top 7 Best Dual Action Polisher Reviews
Now you are aware of what to look out for when buying a dual action car polisher, let us begin with the top 7 car polishers.
The first car polisher on our list is the Adam’s Swirl Killer. This comes with adjustable rotation speed settings which makes it versatile. This is a versatile car polisher that makes it can be used to remove swirls, scratches, and defects. It comes with a 15mm throw that is big enough for most use cases and can also be used on areas that are hard to reach. This car polisher has a maximum rotation speed of 4500 OPM ensuring a clean and shiny car after every polish. It comes with a 25 foot long cable ensuring better maneuverability around the vehicle. The ergonomic grip ensures that is easy, and comfortable to use, even during long sessions.
Moving on to the second DA car polisher on our list, it is the AVID POWER Buffer Polisher. This polisher comes with an 8mm throw and has a maximum rotation speed of 6800 RPM. This is compact, and light while having an ergonomic design, making it very easy to use. It has variable speeds from 1500 RPM to 6800 RPM, giving you flexibility. It can be used for polishing, waxing, and even removing swirls, scratches, and defects from your vehicle. The rubberized body and adjustable handle allow you to have better control, and precision, while also making the user experience better overall.
Next up on our list is the SPTA Buffer Polisher. This has a powerful 780W motor and comes with 5-inch and 6-inch backing plates. This comes with 6 variable speed settings ranging from 2000 RPM all the way to 5500 RPM. Just like the AVID POWER Buffer Polisher, this one also has an 8mm throw. The main selling point of this product is that it provides an entire package. It comes with 8 sponge polishing pads, 2 wool pads, 24 pieces of sanding paper, 1 wool washing mitt, 2 pieces of microfiber cloth, and other accessories. This ensures you get all that you need to polish, wax, buff, and clean your vehicle. Not to mention, this is one of the cheapest options on our list, making it perfect for budget-conscious buyers.
The Adam’s Swirl Killer Pro is the upgraded version of Adam’s Swirl Killer that we mentioned in our list before. This comes with a 1000W powerful motor and has a maximum rotation speed of 5000 OPM. It comes with a 5-inch backing plate, and a 15mm throw. It weighs a mere 5.5 lbs making it light enough to use during long sessions. Not only is it a very capable car polisher, it can also be used for waxing, and removing scratches, swirls, and defects. This is one of the most powerful options on our list. If budget is not a concern, and you are fine with corded options, then this is one of the best that we have on our list.
The Makita XOP02Z 18V LXT is the only cordless dual action polisher on our list. It is the most expensive one on our list due to this. Being cordless allows it to be great for situations where mobility is important. It has a maximum speed of 6800 OPM. It can work in Random Orbit with Forced Rotation or Free Spin Rotation. It also has two modes for power, the high power mode is for corrections, and the low power mode is for long-duration use cases such as polishing. The high capacity BL brushless motor used in this eliminates carbon brushes and improves the thermals and efficiency. If you are after cordless options, and budget is not a concern, then this is a solid choice.
Megular’s MT300 is the sixth dual action polisher on our list. This DA polisher comes with a universal throw coupled with an adjustable rotation speed of 3000 OPM to 7500 OPM. Cleaning, polishing, waxing, and removing scratches, can all be done with this. The ergonomic design with the multi-position D-handle improves comfort and control.
The last polisher on our list is another product from SPTA. This time it is the SPTA DAPSET-US. It is a compact 5-inch dual action polisher that comes with a powerful 750W motor. It comes with six different levels of speed control settings from 2000 RPM to 5200 RPM. This is light, making it easy, and comfortable to use. Just like the previous SPTA polisher, this also comes with several accessories such as compounds, backing plates, pads, etc. It is also one of the cheapest options on our list.
With that, we are going to bring an end to our list of the top seven dual action car polishers. One thing to note is that there is no ranking. So the first is not necessarily better than the seventh. All of these dual action polishers are great overall products. You should decide which one to get depending on your requirements.
Having a dual action car polisher is great for car owners. These can not only be used to keep your car shiny, and clean. But, it can also be used to even out scratches, and make it look like new at all times. Choosing the perfect dual action polisher for a car can be quite difficult, thanks to the multitude of options out there. However, with our recommendations, we believe that your journey of selecting the best dual action polisher for your car will be a lot easier. Not to mention, if you decide not to go with any of our recommendations, you can still make a proper decision by taking into consideration the factors that we mentioned above.