Are you getting tired of all the watermarks on your car after it gets a wash? That defeats the entire purpose of washing your car. So, how do you fix it? There are several ways of drying your car properly. One of the ways that we and many others recommend is using a powerful leaf blower.
A powerful blower will ensure that your car gets dried properly and you do not have to deal with any of those annoying watermarks. But, with the multitude of options out there, which one should you be going for? That is precisely what we are going to talk about today in this article. We will give you our recommendations for the ten best leaf blowers to dry car.
Are leaf blowers good for drying cars?
This is one of the frequently asked questions that car owners have. After all, a leaf blower is to clean your place and blow away all the leaves that make it look unclean. Can a leaf blower be good for drying a car? Well, the answer to this question is yes. Leaf blowers are capable of producing a strong gush of wind that ensures that all the water drops on your car get dried properly. This does not only allow you to dry your car faster when compared to drying it out in the sun. But, also ensures that there are none of those annoying water spots.
What to look for in a leaf blower for drying cars?
So, you have decided on getting a leaf blower for your car. Now, you are confused on what are the things that you should be on the lookout for before finalizing. Do not worry, we have got you covered. We will now discuss all the important factors that one needs to consider before getting a leaf blower for drying cars. Let us get started.
- Power: The power of the motor used in the leaf blower is undoubtedly one of the most important aspects that one needs to consider while getting a leaf blower. To put it simply, the more powerful the motor, the more amount of powerful air it can generate, and the faster it will dry your car. When shopping for a leaf blower for drying your car, you should ensure that it has a powerful enough motor. If you end up getting something that has a small amount of power, then you would be spending longer to dry your car.
- Noise: The leaf blowers can get quite noisy depending upon the settings you are using them on. It is a good idea to get the ones that do not get too loud. As, I am sure that you would not enjoy moving around your car with a piece of machinery that makes unbearably loud noises. Not to mention, using loud blowers can annoy your neighbours as well. You do not want that right?
- Source of Power: Depending on your budget, and requirements, you would have to make a choice between gas-powered, battery-powered, and electric-powered leaf blowers. For most, an electric-powered would be a sweet spot as it is not as expensive as a battery-powered blower, and it is much easier to use than a gas-powered blower. However, if budget is not a concern, then it might be a good idea to go with cordless, battery-powered options. The only issue is that it might run out of charge during operation. But, the ease of use makes it worth it, in my opinion.
- Cable Length: In the event that you decide on going for an electric-powered leaf blower, do check the cable length. Having a short cable will cause various issues when it comes to moving around the vehicle to use the blower in certain areas. For this reason, always opt for those that have a long cable length, if you are going with corded options.
Top 10 Best Leaf Blowers for Drying Cars
With all that covered, let us now finally get into our ten recommendations for the best leaf blower to dry car. All of these leaf blowers are powerful, of good quality, and will ensure that your car gets properly dried after every use. Let us get started with it.
The WORX WG520 TURBINE 600 is a powerful leaf blower that will do an amazing job of drying cars. It comes with WORX’s turbine fan technology that uses a jet engine-type motor. This motor is not only powerful, but it also does not get too noisy. This ensures that you and your ears both stay happy. It comes with two different speed modes that let you adjust the speed according to the task at hand. It is capable of producing up to 600 CFM (Cubic Feet per minute) of air to ensure that the drying process is as quick, and seamless as it can be. It also has a hyper-stream jet air nozzle that makes it easy to dry hard-to-reach areas. The low weight of 6.4 lbs along with the one-handed ergonomic design makes it a breeze to use this even during long sessions.
For our second recommendation, we have another blower from WORX. This time it is the WORX WG545.6. It is a cordless leaf blower, thus, you do not need to worry about the dangling cables when using this. Not to mention, it has a lightweight design weighing a mere 4.3 lbs with the battery attached. This two coupled make it very easy to use, and ensure that the experience is as easy as it can be. As for the performance, it produces 120 MPH or 80 CFM of wind. Overall, if you are after a lightweight cordless blower with decent performance, this is a great option to consider.
The WORX WG545.1 is another cordless leaf blower that we recommend. This is super light as it weighs only 3.5 lbs. The ultra-compact design makes it easy to use, and store as well. The 120 MPH air speed and 80 CFM airflow make it good enough for drying cars. The best part about this specific blower is that it comes with eight different types of attachments that will help you to use it for multiple purposes.
If you are looking for a compact and decently powerful leaf blower that is not expensive, then the Sun Joe SBJ597E is for you. It is one of the most affordable recommendations on our list. It comes with a maximum air speed of 155 mph, and the 6 A motor does the job just fine. Thanks to the compact design language, using it is very much a breeze, and it can be stored in tight places without much of an issue.
The fifth leaf blower that we recommend is the Greenworks 40V cordless leaf blower. This is another cordless option, and by now, you should be aware of its advantages. It comes with a 2 AH battery that allows it to be used for up to 15 minutes continuously. It has variable speed settings for added flexibility. It is capable of producing 135 CFM, or 150 MPH of air which is more than enough for most use-case scenarios. The lightweight body, coupled with the comfortable grip provides the perfect balance of practicality and comfort.
The Dewalt 20V MAX* XR leaf blower is for those who are after a cordless option that is really powerful. This battery-operated blower can get up to 450 CFM of air, and up to 125 MPH of air. It does not get too noisy either during operation thanks to the axial fan design. The noise goes up to 66 dB(A) ideally. The brushless motor improves efficiency, battery life, and motor life as well. The lightweight body and the ergonomic design make the operating experience fatigue-free. It can run up to 87 minutes on the lowest speed, and up to 12 minutes on the highest speed with the DEWALT DCB205 battery, on a single full charge.
The seventh recommendation that we have for you is the KIMO cordless leaf blower. Being wireless there is no need to worry about cables. It achieves 170 MPH and 200 CFM of strong wind making drying cars an easy and quick task. The 2-inch nozzle is helpful for reaching places that are hard to reach, and cleaning and drying those places easily. Weighing at 2.7 lbs it is one of the lightest cordless blowers that we have on our list. The ergonomic body with this lightweight design ensures that you do not get fatigued while using it. It has variable speeds from 1 to 15000 RPM depending on your requirements.
The Greenworks 40V cordless axial blower comes with a powerful motor that is capable of producing 500 CFM and 120 MPH air speed. It also comes with a USB port in the battery that can charge various other devices. It lasts up to 18 minutes on high-speed settings with a fully charged 2.5 AH battery. Another good thing about this leaf blower is the price. It is powerful and cordless, making it a great package overall. However, it is a bit expensive.
This is a portable cordless blower that weighs a mere 3.15 lbs making it easy to use. The adjustable speed settings allow you to go up to 18000 RPM for a rapid, and seamless car drying experience. This can also be used as a vacuum cleaner, just so you know. It comes with a 2.0 AH lithium battery that can last up to a long enough time, on a full charge, to ensure proper drying or cleaning experience. To fully charge the battery it takes around 150 minutes with the included charger
The last recommendation that we have today is the Expansion Wellness Leaf Blower. This is one of the most affordable cordless leaf blowers that we have on our list today. Despite being affordable, it does not compromise on power. It produces 150 MPH and 320 CFM of air for fast, and seamless drying. To charge the battery fully takes around 3 hours. The 4.0 AH li-ion battery will last at high speed for up to 25 minutes ensuring that you do not run out of charge when you need it the most.
Tips for using a leaf blower to dry your car
- Don’t let the tip of the blower come in contact with your car, as that can lead to scratches on your precious car.
- Dry the car using the blower in the same spot where you washed it as that minimizes the risk of dust, or tiny stones getting back on your car.
- If you are using a corded blower, the wires can entangle and cause issues, and you can even t trip on it.
To conclude the leaf blowers are a great choice for drying your recently washed car. It is not only beneficial for drying your car but can also be used for various other tasks as well. But, there are certain things you should be on the lookout for when getting one. We have covered all those. Not to mention, we also gave our ten recommendations that we believe are the best leaf blower to dry car. Other than that, there are certain tips that you should follow when using a leaf blower to dry your car. We covered those as well. Hopefully, with this article all of your doubts, and questions regarding the usage of the leaf blower to dry your car have been solved.