- 1.1 Helping from internet technology
- 1.2 Finding important factor
- 1.3 Insurance quotes and Pakges
- 1.4 Finding services, reviews, quality, and ratings
- 1.5 Looking eligibility
- State Farm
- 3 Erie Insurance
- 4 Progressive
- 5 USAA
- 6 Allstate Auto Insurance
- 7 Auto Owner Insurance
- 7.1 Auto-owners insurance co auto insurance rates by vehicle
- 7.2 How factors affect Auto-Owners’ auto insurance rates
- 7.3 What factors are used to calculate our car insurance cost?
- 7.4 Pros and Cons
- 9 Nationwide
As there are numerous insurance companies operating in the market these days, finding the BEST 8 CAR INSURANCE COMPANIES needs proper knowledge and practice. We should also know about the present insurance market to find an affordable insurance package for our vehicle.
Helping from internet technology
However, with the help of internet technology, we will be able to do it without much hassle. There are many sites available on the internet, which will provide us the quotes from different insurance companies. Therefore, our only task is to compare the quotes and select a package that suits our needs, and budget. Moreover, we should also make sure that the company we are selecting would be able to provide us with the right package, which suits our needs and budget.
Finding important factor
When we are searching for the best car insurance company, some of the important factors come into play. All insurance companies have their own merits and demerits. Therefore, we should first focus on this aspect. Though, we will be able to do it easily with the help of the internet. As most of the companies have uploaded their official websites on the internet, we just have to log on to them for gaining more information on the different packages and deals they provide. Moreover, when we visit the official websites of a car insurance company, we will also come to know more about their ranking and reputation in the market, which is also an important factor to obtain the best service.
Insurance quotes and Pakges
Moreover, comparing the insurance quotes will help us to find the right company and package that suits our needs and budget. As most of the companies are providing their insurance quotes online, we can compare the quotes for finding the right deal. Most of the sites that will provide us with quotes will give us more information on the benefits and features they provide. Therefore, our first task is to find at least five to six insurance quotes that suit our needs. When we are looking for these quotes, make sure we are taking them from a genuine website. This will ensure that the information we are obtaining is genuine.
Finding services, reviews, quality, and ratings
Even though if we are looking for the cheapest car insurance company, it is very significant to know more about the quality of the services they provide. When we get to the official website of the company you are selecting, we will be able to find the customer reviews. Reading these reviews will help us to know more about the quality of the services provided by the company. Other aspects like the premiums, the overall cost of the insurance, duration, eligibility, etc. also play an important role in obtaining the right package.
We can also check whether we are eligible for any special deals and packages when we are looking for insurance companies. The condition, as well as the model of our vehicle, also plays a significant role in obtaining the best insurance package. Having this basic knowledge will help us to find a good package for our vehicle.
1. State Farm
STATE FARM is overall best pick because it offers affordable and comprehensive nationwide coverage. This provider also has strong customer satisfaction and financial ratings.
State Farm can take care of all our insurance needs. They offer most types of insurance coverage. All the usual suspects of auto, home, life, renters, and supplemental medical insurance are available through State Farm. Other insurance offerings include condos, long-term care, and Medicare supplement. The State Farm website is very user-friendly and easy to use. Using the website, consumers can obtain a quote on any type of policy named above, or find an agent, both within minutes. Answering a few quick questions will lead us to a free online quote, and a search feature makes finding an agent simple work.
1.1 State farm car insurance cost & rates
As we be able to see on our average car insurance cost per month research, STATE FARM full coverage cost is $104 per month or $1,250 per year on average.
State Farm car insurance cost for minimum coverage is $52 per month or $625 per year, which makes State Farm car insurance rates the third most expensive on our shortlist.
|Coverage Type||Cost Per Month||Cost Per Year|
1.2 Age, sex and marital status
Accident rates are higher for drivers under age 25, especially single males. Insurance prices in most states reflect these differences. If we a student, we might be in line for a discount. Most car insurers provide discounts to student drivers who maintain good grades
1.3 State farm driving experience
All drivers with less than 9 years of driving experience who are full-time students in high school or at a college or university, and the scholastic records for the immediately preceding school semester show that this student meets at least one of the following.
- Ranked scholastically in the upper 20% of his or her class
- Had a grade average of B or higher
- Had a grade point average of 3.0 (out of 4.0) or higher
- Made the Dean’s List or Honor Roll
Home study students may be eligible if they submit evidence they have taken certain national standardized tests, administered within the last 12 months and ranked in the upper 20%.Proof of eligibility is required when an application for insurance is submitted.
1.4 State Farm car insurance cost
According to World Report, the average annual cost for a State Farm car insurance premium is $1234. That’s below the national average of $1320. Of course, that average varies when applied to different demographics. The following is what drivers in specific demographics can expect to pay, on average, for a State Farm policy.
1.5 Cost factors will determine the results
Purchasing a new vehicle over a used vehicle of the same make and model will clearly cost more. The new vehicle will drop in value more than the used vehicle due to the depreciation rate. Our calculator allows us to select the rate as average, high or low.
Some vehicles just depreciate faster than others do. The faster they depreciate the lower the value becomes. Likewise, if they depreciate slower, the resale value is higher.
A new vehicle will need less maintenance than a used vehicle. Additionally, the fuel consumption of used vehicles may be more than their newer counterparts.
Years of ownership
If we own a vehicle for a longer period of time, the average annual cost is lower since costs are spread out over the years of ownership.
Generally, the interest rate for a newer car is less than a used car.
1.6 Pros and Cons
- Huge local agent network
- Financially strong
- Not available in Massachusetts or Rhode Island
- Does not offer gap insurance coverage
2. Erie Insurance
Getting car insurance quotes in ERIE INSURANCE is really easy. We don’t even have to pick up the phone or physically visit the insurance offices. Just type in Pennsylvania car insurance quotes or Erie insurance online on our favorite search engines like Google or Yahoo and we will be given a really good list of insurance companies in Pennsylvania that will give us insurance quotes in just a few clicks. This will make it really easy to search and shop for the best car insurance rates.
Chances are, even if we happen to live in a state Erie provides insurance in, we still haven’t heard of them. The fact is Erie chooses to offer its products and services the old-fashioned way, through local agents. There are no flashy commercials, or mascots, just hard-working professional insurance advisors who take the time to learn about and take care of their clients. While the distribution channel is only one of three criteria, this delivery method must make the biggest impression on consumers.
Currently, Erie Insurance has the highest ranking among the different auto insurance companies when it comes to client satisfaction with their third year of purchase. In the United States, Erie Insurance Group is actually the 484th largest corporate group when it comes to revenue.
2.1 Erie car insurance cost
Erie is one of the cheapest car insurance companies based on our research of average premiums analyzed from Quadrant Information Services. Erie’s full coverage car insurance is $1,321 per year, while minimum coverage is $476 per year.
Comparatively, the national average cost of car insurance for both coverage levels is higher, at $1,771 per year for full coverage and $545 per year for minimum coverage. Actual rates may vary based on car insurance rating factors, but the below premium data may be a useful comparison tool.
|Erie average annual full coverage premium||National average annual full coverage premium|
|Clean driving history||$1321||$1771|
|Speeding ticket conviction||$1435||$2138|
|Adding a 16-year-old driver||$2580||$3852|
- Our unique rate is based on your age, our vehicle, and your credit score, amongst other factors.
- Generally speaking, a policy with Erie could cost you between $1,900 and $3,600 annually, depending on your location and coverage needs.
- An 18-year-old with a clean driving record can expect to pay about $3,614 per year for Erie car insurance.
- A 45-year-old with a clean record will pay about $113 per month, or $1,365 annually. With a speeding ticket, the rate could increase to $123 per month. Drivers in their 50s and 60s can expect to pay the most affordable rates of all, between $100 and $115 per month, for Erie car insurance.
- Overall, Erie car insurance reviews reveal affordable rates across the board, no matter your driving profile. Plus, if you bundle auto with home insurance, you can save even more.
2.2 Erie driving age
Erie offers drivers the lower adult rate at age 24 a nice benefit since many carriers don’t offer it until we turn 29. Unfortunately, their policy is based on our age at the time the policy was written or renewed.
2.3 Pros and Cons
- Easy-to-navigate website
- Extended insurance coverage
- Several options for customer support
- Does not allow online claims
- No mobile app is available
- Restricted service area
PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE is among the most popular and well-known insurance providers in the USA. Progressive ads help increase their profile, however, they additionally expand via word of mouth recommendations.
Progressive might or might not be right for us. It is well worth checking into our options to decide if the Progressive car insurance policy fulfills our requirements and our budget. Progressive Insurance is an insurance company that offers a selection of different insurance kind’s car, motorcycle, marine, RV, snowmobile, Segway, home, and life. Though this site mainly focuses on car insurance, we can save plenty of dollars in case we blend all of our diverse types of insurance plans and utilize one organization.
Today, Progressive Insurance Company continues to be a driving force in the auto insurance business. Its motto, offer the customers the products and services they want when they want them.
3.1 Average cost of progressive car insurance
- Average monthly price: $78
- Total six-month policy average: $466
- Average monthly price: $100
- Total six-month policy average: $601
- Average monthly price: $146
- Total six-month policy average: $877
3.2 Average car insurance rates by age
Usually, yes. At Progressive, rates drop by 9% on average at age 25. But there are other cost factors impacting our car insurance, such as our claims history. So if we are in an accident right before we turn 25, our rate may not drop.
|Age||Rare & change|
|17 and under||$206|
3.3 Progressive car insurance cost per month
Our great average car insurance cost per month research teaches that Progressive car insurance cost is $116 per month or $1,390 per year for full coverage insurance.
Progressive auto insurance cost for minimum coverage is $63 per month or $750 per year, which make Progressive car insurance rates more expensive than some more affordable car insurance companies.
|Coverage Type||Cost Per Month||Cost Per Year|
On average, rates decrease or stabilize as we get older, until we reach about 75. At Progressive, we can expect the biggest drops at 19, 22, and 25. But remember, it’s not always our actual age, but rather the number of years we been driving that’s the bigger factor.
3.5 Pros and Cons
- 24/7 customer support
- Few customer complaints
- Multiple insurance discounts
- Additional coverage can be pricey
- Low customer satisfaction ratings
- They May have higher premiums
USAA AUTO INSURANCE was started by officers of the United States Army after they found out they were considered to be in a high-risk group due to their military service. Since its inception, USAA has expanded to include all armed service personnel and their families.
Like all companies that offer auto insurance policies that were negotiated by a large pool of insured drivers, the rates are lower than if we just walk in off of the street and buy insurance as an individual. It is always advisable to purchase your auto insurance through a large group than as an individual.
Its car insurance policies are available in all 50 states. Unlike the others on our list, USAA is a car insurance company that only services members of the armed forces and their families. To join USAA and get coverage, we must either be an active or retired member of the military or a qualifying family member.
4.1 How much is USAA car insurance?
- USAA car insurance cost for full coverage is approximately $74 per month or $885 per year only on average.
- USAA auto insurance rates for minimum coverage are only 34$ per month or 405$ per year, on average.
4.2 Annual USAA rates by marital status, age, and gender
- Single female, 25 years old: $1037.67
- Single male, 25 years old: $1094.44
- Married female, 35 years old: $823.10
- Married male, 35-years old: $817.91
- Married female, 60 years old: $767.97
- Married male 60 years old: $767.08
4.3 Annual rates for different coverage levels
- Low level coverage: $829.82
- Mid-level coverage: $884.69
- High level coverage: $939.52
Age plays a big part in calculating the amount we will pay per month for our car insurance. Carinsurance.com shares some of the average state minimums you can expect to pay per year based on our age.
|16 years old||$2,593|
|18 years old||$1,870|
|21 years old||$875|
|25 years old||$608|
|35 years old||$552|
4.4 Pros and Cons
- Exceptional customer support
- Military-specific resources
- A wide array of financial services
- Only services military families
- Several customer complaints
- Must be a member to get insurance coverage
5. Allstate Auto Insurance
Allstate Auto Insurance has been around for well over 75 years and is a Fortune 100 organization. Property, automobiles, businesses, power sports, life, and retirement coverage are just some of the coverage policies offered. The Allstate Insurance headquarters is located in Northbrook Illinois and they employ more than 70,000 employees around the United States.
Allstate consumers obtain lots of advantages. Some clients are eligible for Accident forgiveness if these people are involved in an incident. If we have been at fault in an automobile accident, this helps prevent the cost of your insurance premium from rising.
Allstate rewards better car owners also. We will be able to get a Safe Driving reward credit of as much as 5% of the price of our protection, after 6 months of driving without having an automobile accident. That applies every 6 months following this.
5.1 Allstate auto insurance cost per month?
- Allstate full coverage insurance cost is $154 per month or $1,850 per year on average.
- Allstate car insurance cost for minimum coverage is $65 per month or $785 per year on average.
- This makes Allstate car insurance rates among the most expensive auto insurance rates from the companies that we reviewed.
|Coverage Type||Cost Per Month||Cost Per Year|
5.2 Age and experience
Young drivers under 25-year-old typically pay a higher amount for car insurance coverage since they’re more likely to be involved in an accident. However, once we pass age 25, we will get considerable insurance discounts.
Our age and gender may also impact our car insurance premium. Younger, less experienced drivers often pay more for car insurance than older drivers.
5.3 Annual Allstate auto insurance rates by marital status, age, and gender
- Single 25-year-old female: $2012
- Single 25-year-old male: $2097
- Married 35-year-old female: $1853
- Married 35-year-old male: $1838
- Married 60-year-old female: $1716
- Married 60-year-old male: $1763
5.4 Pros and Cons
- Unique coverage options
- Varied roadside support
- A wide array of discounts
- Customer satisfaction lacking
- 6-month terms
- Roadside assistance costs extra
6. Auto Owner Insurance
Cheap AUTO OWNER INSURANCE is a unique type of coverage that guarantees durable care for its members. Their products include life insurance which is aimed at providing durable care for a family, while home insurance covers homes by providing multiple premiums that cater to different needs.
Auto owner’s insurance agents aim at providing different types of insurance coverage that suit different individuals and their clients. Business coverage insures commercial buildings and employees among other coverage types. Therefore auto owner insurance has proved to be a reliable type of coverage that caters to different types of clients at a discount. One of the unique qualities of cheap auto insurance is the existence of auto owner’s insurance agents. They have simplified the tasks related to insurance and this is evident due to the presence of these agents in 26 states. Insurance agents located in various states enable clients to easily access coverage in their respective states. These auto agents advise clients on the best insurance cover that fits their lives; as a result, customers do not have to travel to the headquarters of the company to acquire information. The wide coverage of auto coverage agents acts as an added advantage for the company, through the diversification of its services and products. Needless to say that the partnership between the auto owner insurance and its agents is built on service, honesty, and trust, as a result, guaranteeing 100% customer satisfaction.
6.1 Auto-owners insurance co auto insurance rates by vehicle
Drivers typically will get a discount if they insure multiple vehicles. Here is a list of average rates that Auto-Owners Insurance Co charges for drivers who have more than 1 vehicle.
|Number Of Vehicles||Avg. Monthly Rate|
6.2 How factors affect Auto-Owners’ auto insurance rates
Coverage sampled multiple quotes to come up with the average cost of car insurance rates for Auto-Owners. The average price for full coverage was $1,308 per year, and minimum coverage was $398 annually for a driver with a clean driving record and good credit score. Depending on our driving background and other factors, rates can vary even further.
|Avarage Rates||Accident||Speeding Ticket||Poor Credit|
6.3 What factors are used to calculate our car insurance cost?
Insurance companies calculate your car insurance rate based on a number of factors. For instance, age and accident history are used to determine your “riskiness” as a driver. If you are a young person or a driver with an accident history, your auto insurance estimates will be costlier than those of someone older or someone who has a clean driving record.
|Factor||How does it impact insurance rate?|
|Your age||Younger drivers tend to pay more, especially teens|
|Driving history||You’ll likely pay more if you have a recent at-fault accident or driving infraction, like a DUI|
|The year, make and model of your car||Cars that are older, slower and cheaper and have more safety features tend to be cheaper to insure|
|Marital status and number of dependetns||Married people often see a slight discount, but you’ll pay much more if your teenage son or daughter is on your policy|
|Your annual mileage||People who drive less tend to see lower rates|
|The types and limits of the coverage you choose||The more coverages you include, the higher your rates will be|
|The size of your deductibles||A lower deductible for collision/comprehensive means higher premiums|
|Your location||Some states have higher insurance costs than others, and you’ll likely pay more if you live in a city|
|Your credit history||Drivers with good credit pay less in most states|
6.4 Pros and Cons
- Excellent financial strength
- Exclusive savings programs
- Several discounts
- No online quotes
- Restricted service area
- Limited support options
GEICO is the USA’s 3rd largest insurance company, so they can afford to be picky about who they have on board. Team players and effective communicators are a must. If that describes us and we desire a new career within GEIGO, who is the ideal candidate and what do we need to do to succeed?
GEICO is a people’s organization and does not believe in doing transactions with their customers they believe in interacting. Customer service is the top priority and teamwork is the key that unlocks successful interaction. Although they expect a lot from their associates, GEICO offers success-building tools such as industry-led training, in-house classes, and online training through their very own GEICO University.
7.1 GEICO car insurance cost
How much is GEICO car insurance cost?
The study mainly compared safe drivers and GEICO policyholders from around the USA and created an average premium amount based on different factors, such as the driver’s age. The study showed that GEICO’s average full coverage insurance cost is $98 per month, or $1,175 per year. The lower end of the spectrum primarily consisted of older drivers (over age 65), while those who had higher premiums were younger drivers (around 25-years-old or older).
The average GEICO car insurance cost for minimum coverage is $40 per month or $480 per year, which is among the cheapest car insurance quotes you can find, especially among the larger and more well-known companies.
|Coverage Type||Cost Per Month||Cost Per year|
Compared to other leading insurers, Geico auto insurance is affordable. According to our cost estimates, full coverage insurance from Geico costs about $1,352 per year ($113 per month), which is about 22 percent cheaper than the national average of $1,732 per year ($144 per month) for good drivers.
|Driving Profile||Geico Monthly Cost||Industry Monthly Cost|
|One speeding ticket||$152||$182|
7.2 Pros and Cons
- It is based on real-life situations staff meets within the marketplace, and the goal is to weed out anyone likely to wimp out on the shop floor. The test is roughly in 3 sections.
- Great auto insurance rates for good drivers and also folks who have a speeding ticket, poor credit, or were caught driving without insurance.
- Also offers great rates for seniors and young drivers, who can be very expensive to insure.
- Offers accident forgiveness.
- High average rates for drivers with a DUI.
- Geico’s rates for adding a teen driver are only so-so.
- We will have to look elsewhere if we want coverage features such as a new car replacement, a vanishing deductible, or rideshare insurance.
The NATIONWIDE AUTO INSURANCE Company has provided coverage to clients for over eighty years. Nationwide Insurance started out as a small-scale Ohio-based vehicle insurance business and is now a top-rated auto insurance company, delivering life, property, pet, and specialty insurance too.
Nationwide insurance coverage advantages
Clients obtain cheap car insurance rates and larger rate reductions, which will mean they spend less. They give individuals accident forgiveness for their very first traffic accident. In the event we have an accident, this saves us money over time because our premium doesn’t rise because of our initial claim. Younger motorists, less than twenty-five have access to a lot more competitive premiums as well.
8.1 How much does nationwide car insurance cost?
- Our insurance payment depends upon individual factors, such as our age, our driving record, and the type of coverage we want. That is why our nationwide car insurance quote will be totally unique to us.
- These rates assume a clean driving record, average insurance, average driving distances, and a good credit score.
- With Nationwide, a 25-year-old driver pays an average of $2235.44 annually. For 60-year-old drivers, the annual rate goes down to about $1,600 annually.
- Our credit score and driving record will have a major impact on our rate. With Nationwide, people with poor credit pay nearly $700 more per year. However, other insurance companies charge even higher rates. If we have a single speeding violation, our premium will grow by $400. With a single DUI, rates skyrocket to $4000 per year.
- Overall, Nationwide’s average annual policy cost is $1,864. Compared to other insurers, Nationwide is ranked one of the most expensive at nearly $450 above the average rate.
- However, Nationwide only charges an average of $15 more per year for people who drive twice as much. Other companies charge up to $120 more for higher mileage drivers.
8.2 Nationwide different types of car sizes
|Average Length||Average Height||Average Width|
|City Cars||2695mm to 3665mm||1460mm to 1610mm||1475mm to 1665mm|
|Superminis||3821mm and 4084mm||1414mm to 1578mm||1665mm to 1780mm|
|Hatchbacks||4425mm to 4726mm||1418mm to 1575mm||1703mm to 1871mm|
|Large Cars||4236mm to 4966mm||1429mm to 1550mm||1693mm to 1895mm|
8.3 Pros and Cons
- Terrific car insurance rates when adding a teen driver to a policy, which is typically very expensive for parents
- Relatively affordable premiums for drivers with poor credit
- Offers accident forgiveness, new car replacement, and vanishing deductible options to add to our policy
- High auto insurance rates for drivers who cause an accident with injuries
- High car insurance premiums for drivers with a DUI
- Rideshare insurance coverage is not offered.