The Audi A5 is one of the most well-rounded luxury small cars. Its appeal lies in its variety of options. The Audi A5 comes in three body styles to choose from: an open-air hatchback with four doors and a couple that has two doors and a convertible, as well as four engine options. Two of them are the heart of the more powerful S5 or RS5.
Whatever A5 model you take the wheel, who’ll provide you with powerful acceleration, a smooth ride, and engaging handling. Each model comes with an intuitive infotainment system that is user-friendly and has a luxurious cabin and plenty of space for passengers. Audi A5 Sportback has one of the biggest cargo compartments in its class. However, the convertible and coupe models are less practical in this respect.
Should I buy the Audi A5?
If you’re in the market for a compact and sporty, luxurious car, the A5 should be on to the very top. Few cars offer this versatility in mixing and matching the body styles. Engine options to create the kind of vehicle that is still a target for the automotive industry.
With an average price of $42,000, the Audi is more expensive than its competitors in the same class, and the performance variants will cost over $70,000. If you’re willing to accept an expense that can quickly increase when you upgrade features or select a more powerful engine, You’ll probably love the A5 tremendously.
2021 vs 2022 Audi A5
Audi has made only small changes in their A5 lineup for the model year 2022. There’s a new Black Optic package for the base model, while other improvements to the appearance include new wheel and tire options as well as simplified packages. The sport suspension is available in certain mid-range models, and the performance-oriented Audi RS 5 is available with a range of brand new features and sporty improvements. In addition, the regular Android Auto gets wireless capability.
Here are the key changes for the Audi A5 over the last few years.
- 2018: completely redesigned, with a new Sportback body design, more powerful engines, and the high-performance RS 5 model; Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and many other active safety features are now accessible
- 2019: RS 5 Sportback model introduced; manual transmission discontinued
- 2020: new exterior design; 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with a touch screen and heated front seats and a sunroof with panoramic views have been added to the standard list of features.
- 2021: New Sportback 40 TFSI base model that has 201-horsepower engine was introduced; turbocharged engine increased 13 horsepower, Lane departure warning, as well as the wireless Apple CarPlay, became standard
- 2022: improved packages and options, brand new features to improve performance for RS 5 model, and wireless capabilities for Android Auto
Audi A5 Cost
The Audi A5 is one of the most expensive luxury small automobiles. In 2022, the Audi A5 Sportback starts at $42,400, and the most expensive model costs $54,250. It is an Audi A5 Coupe with a price range of $44,450 up to approximately $54,000. The Audi A5 Cabriolet costs between $50,700 and $61,450. The prices for the 2022 Audi S5 range from $53,900 to $70,100. Are you looking to sell or trade in your current vehicle? Get a cash-on-the-spot offer to use towards purchasing your new vehicle.
How much Audi A5 enjoyable
A5 Interior Quality
The cabin of the Audi A5 oozes elegance. The high-end materials are everywhere, features that include regular leather upholstery and real walnut or oak trimming pieces. The more sporty S5 models and RS 5 models have carbon fiber interior accents and distinct stitching and seat material. All of it is wrapped in a modern and cool style.
Audi A5 Infotainment, Bluetooth, and Navigation
All A5 models come with the standard 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment and entertainment system. The interface is easy to use, with simple menus responsive to your touch. It’s easy to access and navigate because it’s at the top of the dashboard.
Another thing that gets praise includes one of the best features is the Audi Virtual Cockpit. This 12.3-inch digital display can replace the traditional analog instrument and gauge cluster. It is possible to show important infotainment and navigation information closer to your view while driving.
- Standard infotainment features: a 10.1-inch touch screen, a 10-speaker stereo, Bluetooth, and wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
2. Available infotainment features: satellite radio, a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, wireless device charging, a Wi-Fi hot spot, a Bang & Olufsen surround-sound stereo, and navigation
3. Additional standard features: a panoramic sunroof, tri-zone automatic climate control, a 7-inch driver information display, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, and a universal garage door opener
4. Other available features: proximity keyless entry
Audi A5 Engine Performance
There are four different engines available in the range of 2022’s A5 models, and they vary from capable to extremely powerful. The most common choice is a 201-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder engine. It’s available only in the coupe, and only on the Sportback. The other option available of A5 variants is a 261 horsepower turbo-four engine, which is available on the Sportback and is standard in the convertible and coupe.
Both engines will bring you to a rousing start; however, you may be able to feel a bit of turbo lag when pressing the hard pedal. It is offset by a smooth, dual-clutch seven-speed automatic transmission which makes the most of the engine’s performance.